Wednesday 1 October 2014

Project October- 2014 style!

So; it's that time of year again when people quit smoking and/or drinking for a month. Both are worthy of acknowledgment, and if you are doing this then I salute you all. For me, it doesn't hold much weight and so I take this month to make some positive changes. October to me, is the start of my favourite time of year, autumn. I love autumn, the crisp smelling air, the cooler weather and the changes to nature. Don't get me wrong, it has downsides for me too! The SAD creeping in and my body sulking over lack of Vitamin D, the damp air settling in and causing my body merry Hell. So, last year I decided I wanted to find a way of coping with the changes I can't do anything about, by focusing on changes I can do myself and this year is no different.

 


Diabetes - The last year has been majorly stressful, which has lead to my diabetes being a little unpredictable. I am a good girl, and inject as I should, but I downloaded an app to my phone which allows me to track all changes and spot any triggers. It's all set up, and I think it might subconsciously help me make better choices and not slip so easil

Self Image and worth - At some point, I will get round to writing a post about my self image, my triggers and my body dysmorphia. Today is not the day, and this is not the post for that. Those who know me well, know my history with my body and the true levels of loathing I have with every aspect of myself. I want to focus on this again, as the mental impact I have from slight changes in a positive manner, are pretty large. So, I want to write a list of what I do like about myself and it will be my focus. For every negative thought, I will counteract it with a positive. It's gotta be worth a shot, right? When I feel I've achieved nothing, and time is running away, I can look at the list and find so,etching constructive to do with my time.

That age old battle. Weight loss- I've done pretty much every diet you can think, even stupid ones that potentially put me and my poor system at risk. I can diet til the world ends, but at the end of the day, I don't believe progress will happen unless it's something I commit to. Once again, it's small simple changes, and a healthier attitude towards food. It's not the enemy, it's a wonderful ally. I've decided to try something new each week, expand my skill set in the kitchen and broaden my taste horizons. 

Often the other side of the coin is exercise. I agree that exercise is needed, but I'm pretty limited with the shoulder healing from a major dislocation, the collapsing knee with no muscular support and the chronic nerve pains in my legs. Miracle, anyone? A walk a day is a must for me, but I'm hoping to introduce stretches no swimming to it during the month ahead.

Be Happy - Sounds simple, right? We all notice the bad stuff more than the good. So, it's time I hold onto what makes me happy and go for it.


There are one or two other things, but a girl has her secrets. Happy October!!


No comments:

Post a Comment